Empanelment of transplant centre (TC) with DATRI is an essential process that ensures if a respective centre meets predefined criteria as per WMDA(World Marrow Donor Association) Standard 1.07. This evaluation process also ensures that the donation of HSC(Hematopoietic stem cells) is only requested for patients who are medically eligible for transplantation.
DATRI Medical Director has categorized the required attributes as per WMDA guidelines to evaluate a centre. He focuses on the mandatory aspects which are required to decide if we can empanel the transplant centre.
TC qualification criteria:
- TC(transplant centre) must be registered, licensed, or accredited
- Treatment area should be minimizing the risk of infection
- Patient survival rate one year after allogeneic transplantation
- TC medical director should have at least two years of allogeneic HSCT experience along with chief doctor
- minimum of one additional physician should be available, who should have at least
- one-year experience in unrelated donor transplantation.
- Physician should be available 24×7 with a trained and experienced nurse.
- TC must have support from an HLA laboratory that should be accredited
- TC must have the policy to report adverse events and
- Policy to maintain donor and patient confidentiality.
After scrutinizing the center for eligibility, the DATRI Medical Director will make the decision.
DATRI starts working with the respective TC upon the Medical Director’s approval. In the absence of approval, DATRI would not provide blood stem cell products to a center
DATRI Donors voluntarily donating blood stem cells to save someone’s life by compromising certain discomforts during the proliferation of blood stem cells, and the donation process. They work around their busy schedule and spend time on the blood stem cell donation process. Donors’ only objective is to save a life without any expectation. Hence, DATRI takes TC empanelment as a fundamental activity for further proceedings with TC.
DATRI Blood Stem Cell Donors Registry, a not-for-profit organisation, has facilitated more than 1001 Blood Stem Cell Donations to date. The journey began in the year 2009 to find unrelated matched donors for patients with leukaemia, Thalassemia or blood disorders whose life is dependent on an unrelated donor to survive. DATRI, India’s largest Blood Stem Cell Donors Registry, has more than 4,83,763 donors registered. DATRI is working towards creating a wide and diverse database of potential Blood Stem Cell Donors that can be accessed by any patient living anywhere in the world in need of a Blood Stem Cell Donation. Any healthy individual between the age of 18 years to 50 years can register as a blood stem cell donor with DATRI and potentially become a lifesaver when they’re found to be a match for a fatal blood disorder patient.